WHEELHOUSE BASEBALL TRYOUTS (2017-18 SEASON FOR 9U AND 10U)
We are looking for the very best around Houston to compete and earn a spot at the Elite 32 World Series tournament held at Disney's Wide World of Sports complex. Houston is loaded with some of the nation's best talent, and proves it year after year. We will need the best of that talent to compete and have a chance to win at an event of that caliber.
Wheelhouse Baseball is owned and operated by former professional baseball player Craig Bullock. Craig was drafted in the 7th Round of the 1990 draft and played 7 years with the San Diego Padres and New York Mets organizations. He played 3 year as a 3rd Baseman and 4 years as a Pitcher. Craig will be assisted by Jay Andrews, who was drafted in 1989 by the Kansas City Royals. He also played 7 years of professional baseball as an outfielder.
If you're interested in trying out, you must RSVP by sending a private message to the Facebook page of Wheelhouse Baseball. The tryouts will be on August 5-6 at a location to be determined (likely in north Houston or Woodlands area).
Make no mistake, we need 10-12 players that are both willing and capable of competing at the highest level of the age group. Pitching for a tournament of that magnitude is paramount.
A couple of thoughts to help eliminate the most frequently asked questions:
1) There will be no parents on the coaching staff.
2) There will be no parents in the dugout during the game.
3) This is not about getting your kid to the "next level" or any other cliche academies now use to lure you to their business. This is simply about having a competitive team and a great experience. No extra sales pitches.
4) We are going to play the game right, which means hard and to win, but respectful in all areas. That includes during the game, between the games, and also includes the parents in the stands. We are going to teach and manage the same way they do in the Major Leagues in most regards, and attitude is such a huge part of that. In other words, check all egos at the door:)
5) There is a cost. Families will have to pay for practice facilities, tournaments, uniforms, and coaching fees. These fees are competitive with any place around.
6) We will play Fall baseball and have an additional tryout in the Spring. Of course, players that make the roster in the Fall will have an advantage because of the coaches being aware of their capabilities.
7) We will try to earn a berth to the Elite 32 early, which may mean some travel. You must be willing to travel.
8) Did we mention that pitching is important? LOL
If you're looking for a great experience, and some great competitive baseball, then please RSVP today for the tryouts.