If you’re wondering what size baseball glove a 7-year-old should be, then read along because you’ll learn more than just that in this article!
Kids’ baseball glove sizes vary by age, but the perfect fit for a 7-year-old player should be between 10.25 – 12.25 inches for infielders and outfielders.
But don’t add one to your cart just yet. There are other things you should consider in buying a baseball glove other than its size, so better read along if you don’t want to miss them.
Table of Contents
Baseball Glove Chart by Age
As parents or guardians, we understand if you’re tired of spending too much time on the internet searching for the right baseball glove size for kids 6-7 years old, 9 years old, or even 10 years old.
How cool would it be to find a chart that can tell you baseball glove size by age? Because we know that time flies so fast, soon enough, you’ll want to know which baseball glove size you should buy for your growing kid.
We’ll make parenting a bit easier for those who have small baseball superstars like you! We made this youth baseball glove size chart you can quickly look at any time of the year.
|Proper Glove Size
|4 – 6
|8.5 inches to 10 inches
|7 – 12
|11.5 inches to 12 inches
|7 – 12
|10.25 inches to 11.5 inches
|7 – 12
|11.5 inches to 12.25 inches
|12 inches to 13 inches
|11.25 inches to 12 inches
|12 inches to 12.75 inches
Now, you don’t have to manually sift through websites to know which glove size you need to purchase. You can bookmark this blog to quickly revisit it each time your kid needs a new glove to use in the field!
Even when your kid is growing up and they change positions in the game, you’ll quickly have an idea of what glove size is fit for an 8-year-old, 11-year-old and even for a 12-year-old boy or girl with the help of this chart.
Regarding the baseball glove size for a 7-year-old, you’ll notice that the size is different depending on the position. So just remember that for 1st base players, 11.5” – 12” is the recommended glove size.
Measuring Hand for a Baseball Glove
You should find our chart very helpful, but there’s a proper way to measure a baseball glove so you can get the closest measurement for your kids. If you want to know what proper size baseball glove to get, just follow these simple tips:
- The best way to measure a child’s hand is to have them open their palm on a flat surface.
- If possible, use a flexible tape measure to give yourself a more accurate measurement.
- Always refer to your child’s index finger. Using the measuring tape, measure the length from the tip of their index finger to the base. Add two inches to that measurement, and you now have their glove size.
- Additional Tip: You can also measure the index finger’s length from its tip to the mid-heel of the palm to know what size baseball glove is for a 7-year-old.
That’s how easy it is to get an accurate measurement when looking for a youth baseball glove. From now on, you don’t need to guess how big a baseball glove should be for a 6 year old or 7-year-old.
How to Fit a Baseball Glove for Youth Players
Here are more tips to better help you purchase a baseball glove that’s not only fit, but your kids will love wearing it from the start of the game until the home run! Make sure to follow these tips when trying on different baseball gloves in the store:
- Make sure that the glove is not too tight or loose around the wrist.
- The glove should fit your child’s entire palm.
- When trying on a glove, make your child squeeze it a few times. This will help you determine if they can comfortably open and close their hands while in the game.
With all these tips in mind, you’re already one step closer to buying the perfect baseball glove your child can use for this upcoming season.
Whether it’s a 10-inch baseball glove high school students can use or something for a grade-schooler you’re in search of, you can definitely benefit from our tips.
Things to Consider Before Getting a Baseball Glove for a 7-year-old
- Budget. Baseball gloves don’t come cheap, and you should always have a budget while looking for one. Especially for youth gloves that you need to replace every few years, you don’t want to spend too much buying one.
- Just because you’ll replace your child’s baseball glove every once in a while, it does not mean you should choose one that easily breaks.
Consider the glove material in purchasing one. Leather gloves are the most durable, but vinyl gloves could also work great for one to two seasons.
- Break-in. You want your child to be comfortable using their brand-new glove as early as possible. With this, consider buying a glove that’s easier to break in.
- Even in youth baseball gloves, there are special gloves made for specific player positions. Also, some glove manufacturers create special gloves for left-handed players, so be sure to check them out.
Apart from these considerations, make sure that your child gets to have a say while you’re shopping for one because they’re the ones who’ll wear it at the end of the day.
Recommended Glove Brand
Now that you know the average baseball glove size and baseball mitts size, it’s time to choose a brand. No need to worry if you’re just new at baseball and don’t have any idea yet. We listed below our top picks when it comes to baseball glove brands.
|Recommended glove brand
|Recommended glove model
|Nokona Alpha Select S-200
|Wilson A450 Youth baseball Glove
|Mizuno Youth Prospect
|Franklin Sports RTP Teeball Glove & Ball
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s answer some FAQs about youth baseball gloves!
Do stiff baseball gloves work for youth players?
Typically, stiff baseball gloves are not comfortable to use in the field. This may make youth players feel discouraged and even distracted while playing.
What size baseball glove should an 8-year-old use?
An 8-year-old baseball player should use gloves that are between 10.5 to 11 inches. If you want to learn more about baseball gloves for 8-year-olds, be sure to check our blog. For more detailed guides on choosing, please take a look at this article.
It’s time to stop stressing about questions like “What size baseball glove for a 7-year-old?”. With the help of our chart and all of our tips, shopping for your kid’s baseball glove should be super enjoyable rather than stressful!
We aim to help you and your little baseball star in your baseball journey, and we hope that you were able to get a lot of information from this blog post. Do you already have a pick on what brand and model you’ll purchase soon? Let us know!
Rogers is a hardcore baseball enthusiast. He joined Nations Baseball as a writer to share his knowledge and help others realize their passions for the sport. Roger is striving towards becoming a coach at his local baseball club.